Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Post for Nate

I am Nate, the other guy doing this bike tour. I am on the edge of my seat waiting to get out of town, if not for the pure excitement then to beat this damn weather. It has been uber-crappy in St. Louis and getting worse it seems, so I am very ready to get on the road headed south to warmer climates.

I must admit, I am a fart and I purchased a brand new bike for this journey (hopefully many more like it.) The bike is a Masi Speciale CX. It came in rootbeer brown, which I hate...but it is a decent enough bike and will likely last me the rest of my life, unless I go through an incredible late-onset growth spurt. I also got a bunch of neato gear, which I will show you all in picture format soon as I get home today. I went with the waterproof panniers, racks that were sufficient enough to carry my drunk roommate down a large hill at night, a couple socks, pants, shoes, all the normal shit. I will not be specific with it all because I am not a damn commercial. In fact, I had to wrap black tape around all the logos on my new bike because I thought it felt like I was riding on a billboard which sucked big time. Now that is all better though I may still spray-paint out all the rest of the logos on the panniers, but that is not as important to me.

I guess more to come...

1 comment:

  1. Loves it! Especially your anti-capitalist bent, of course. :-) Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete