Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 1 Nate joins in

We started out today from Chris' pancakes and dining (thanks to the ole P & M.) Met everyone in the fam who was in town, had a hearty meal and struck out down Arsenal and south on Broadway. I noticed a distinctly different side of Broadway even though I used to live right on it (we passed by the South House, which I hadn't seen since I moved out.) I guess it sort of felt foreign and unknown and nicer than it generally feels to be in that part of town. That was likely due to the fact that this was the first time I've ridden on that road on my way out of town.

The ride out of st louis was nice and uneventful and we were very pleased with the weather.

Ben had the first flat a couple miles outside of pevely, missouri. We were getting shit for dinner at a market and pulled away after having some sardines, and bam! Fixed in short order with no problems.

In pevely, we stopped at a pawn shop because they sold guns, and I love looking at guns. I was taken with a .32 cal Jimenez auto, a small compact little guy. I convinced myself to wait, but I already regret that decision.

We are now eating dinner, stealth camping on the border of Festus. All set up for day two of fun in the bun!!
Sent from my fingers and brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment