Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 2


Well the hennessy hammock, in which I had put lots of faith, is a total piece of shit. No no, let me be more clear. I sleep on my stomach and the hennessy hammock allows you to only sleep on your back or on your side. On my back my arms went off the sleeping pad which made them very cold. On my side, with the shape of the hammock, the pressure on my shoulder was incredible. I didn't sleep a wink all night but I did get some reading in. Lots of reading till dawn.

So, when I got out of the hammock, frustrated as hell, I called my dad immediately and he went to rei to pick me up a tent and pad that would allow me to sleep the way my body wants to. As I write, he is en route to meet us in fester (festus) missouri, about fifty miles out of st. Louis. I am rubbing the buckeye my mom gave me, hoping the tent and pad make my night life on this trip as enjoyable as possible. Oh, and with the added cost of a new tent and pad, I will certainly not be acquiring a gun on this trip. Unless I am presented with an insane offer...

Bob Evans is underrated and definitely better than denny's. Get the garden harvest omlett. Maybe not when you're on a bike tour though; its a bit much with two butter-loaded biscuits. Ah well, we have a nice little wait before dad gets here, so hopefully it all settles well.
Sent from my fingers and brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment